Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear KC Mo, Keep on Truckin'!

Last weekend while Trilety was at her stepdad's birthday with a cake that I would have liked to shove handfuls of into my face, I took a quick trip to Kansas City with my honey.

On the first Friday of each month, masses of locals and visitors ensue on the Crossroads Art District in Kansas City. And we jumped into it. Galleries large and small open their doors to passers-by and potential patrons. The streets come alive with music, food and dancing. It is a mix of all walks of life. And they come together to share in a pure, fun, positive energy that we don't necessarily get to experience in our daily routine... unless you work for the circus I suppose.

Weaving through the crowds and past the galleries, we also encountered food! There are restaurants and beer gardens and coffee shops and bars mixed in amongst the shoppes and galleries, but what caught my eye was this food truck. It was a bakery truck! Or rather, a shared coffee and cake truck... that is, it sold cakes from a Kansas cake business (Ms Nene Takes The Cake Bakery) and coffee from a Kansas coffee shop (E.F. Hobbs Specialty Coffee). And as I walked by, I looked back longingly. How fun!



I realize that food trucks abound in cities other than Omaha. Sure we have a few taco trucks and even a soup truck. That's cool, but there are no bakery trucks right now that I am aware of. These birds kicked around the idea of a bakery-mobile after it was suggested by a friend of ours. I don't know if that will happen, but it's fun to imagine.

~Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment