Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday Love

Look at this! Opening gifts on Christmas morning with my family. My mom had sent a few things from Eureka, CA, where she's living right now. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a new white apron with the Two Birds logo embroidered onto the chest. Weeeee! A surprise that came to me from one of the most thoughtful, lovely people I know. I must admit that I became a little emotional and weepy-eyed. Oh lovely day. What's more is that I discovered that Trilety had received a very similar and just-as-thoughtful gift. OMG we are totally going to match :)








The holidays are over and the new year has begun. I look out the window this morning and feel peaceful for the first time in weeks. It's a cold yet bright, sunshine-filled day. The sky is its typical cold pale winter blue and the sunlight reflects off of patches of rooftop snow. Tree branches are bare and brown, sticking little wooden fingers into the sky. Little to no movement, no wind to speak of, the world seems still, as if everyone and everything sits in a contemplative silence. Lovely. Although the holidays bring friends and family, hustle and bustle, giving and gathering, there is a point at which I am ready for the lull that comes after. January through March is cold here, and quiet. It is a time to rest, to hibernate, and to let a stir-crazy cabin fever build up until spring comes and I'm ready to burst. Like any other cycle. Ebb and flow. Seasons changing. Time to bake!

Happy New Year, All!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment